- Treat your customers with respect as much as you want your business to be respected.
- Smile and put on a pleasant front for your customers and do this with sincerity coming right from your heart.
- Show that you are passionate about your business and that you enjoy serving your customers.
- Build a great relationship with your regulars (and all customers) to keep them coming back to you and recommend your product to their contacts.
- Make yourself approachable and open to suggestions/recommendations.
- Listen to what your customers are saying about your products/services and take action for constant improvement.
- Ensure that you only provide products and services that are of good quality and value-for-money and that these are the products/service that you yourself would use.
- Ensure that you have enough staff to attend to customers, otherwise try to accommodate as best as you can.
- Provide sufficient training to your staff on product knowledge and your business code and ethics.
- Create a warm, friendly and cheerful environment in your showroom/storefront etc.
- Extend your opening hours when customers are still coming in and stay open during weekends/public holidays.
The above is solely my own humble opinion and not taken from other sources. This is just random thoughts coming from me based on personal experiences, my observations and what I learned from the mistake of others. I hope to be able to update this list from time to time;)