Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back with a Passion!!

I've decided to start blogging again. Why today? Because I've settled all my week's worth of work (and am waiting for more!). Writing gives me something worthwhile to do that is stimulating for the mind. I am starting on a new book today called 'Roberts's Rules of Writing' by R. Masello. A book that practically jumped at me from my father's bookshelves. While browsing through the book, one of the rules caught my eyes and that is that "writing should be with purpose". Because anyone can just scribble nonsense. But writing with a purpose is what makes you a real writer.

My passion has recently been rediscovered through 'The Passion Test'. The results of my test tells me that my passion is in actual fact writing. Yes, but not just any writing. Infectious writing that affects other people's lives positively. My other top five passion includes (not in any particular order): living life as a work-at-home-mom (and encouraging other moms to do the same for the benefit of our children and family), having inner peace through reconnection with the Higher Powers, having financial freedom (I love personal finance!)and living in my perfect family dream home.

As advised by the developers of the Passion Test, I have made markers for each passion as an indicator of having achieved and am actually living the life I am passionate about. My next step is to create a vision board which many, many personal development guru advices on doing. It's to ignite your passion and keep your dreams and goals in view. I can't wait to get started on my vision board! It's going to be fantastic!!

As a personal reminder, the next two steps in actualising your passion process is:

1) creating passion pages; and
2) writing your 100th birthday speech.

So stay tuned.

No comments: