Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend with Family

I spent my Saturday with hubby's family. Started the morning with a health talk on 'Healthy Heart' by the team from our National Heart Institute (IJN), held at Eastin Hotel. It was my father-in-law (FIL) who received the invitation but he dragged us along. And since only two can enter, my mother-in-law (MIL) and I ended up waiting outside while hubby and FIL enjoyed the talk.

We had lunch at The Mall right after MIL and FIL checked into Pan Pacific Hotel which has a different name now but it didn't stick in my head. My family used to stay at this hotel alot as a transition place before my father gets posted abroad. The place looks different now. Even the rooms have had a refreshing face-lift.

Lunch was followed by a visit to BIL's place at Ampang. Then it was dinner at the Pavillion, a new shopping centre at Jln Bukit Bintang. It's been ages since our family had last been out shopping in KL (these days it's either Alamanda or Metro Kajang). So we were pleasurably surprised at the appearance of a totally new, magnificent shopping venue which probably has all the desirable branded boutiques under one roof! Man, you could probably get anything there from Juice Couture and Coach designer bags to cute Pumpkin Patch wear for kids. I could window shop all day! But ofcourse our purpose there was to have dinner at a restaurant selling the world's best beef ribs. So much for the health talk! Thank goodness I shared a chicken salad with SIL, though I couldn't resist a few bites of the famous ribs!

So that was my weekend in a few short paragraphs. Hope I get to actually shop at the Pavillion real soon:p

No comments: